Dr. Timothy J. Burkhart is a partner in Burkhart & Chapp Chiropractic, PLC which is a successful, state of the art practice in Grand Rapids, MI. He has been in practice since 1984 helping patients achieve and maintain optimal health through innovative healthcare solutions. Dr. Burkhart and his partner, Dr. Jim Chapp, seek to provide exceptional, results-based care to each patient through the use of cutting edge technology, adjunct therapies, nutrition, posture rehab, non-surgical axial spinal decompression and collaboration with other health care professionals.
Dr. Burkhart is a visionary. During his career, he has continued to expand the variety of services offered to patients to help them achieve optimal health. In 2008, Dr. Burkhart began offering spinal decompression treatments to patients suffering from neck and low back pain. Due to the success of these treatments and subsequent increased demand for these services, Dr. Burkhart developed a vision for an additional facility that would be dedicated to spinal decompression treatments. This vision became a reality in May, 2011 when the practice expanded and opened an additional facility, Burkhart & Chapp Chiropractic Spinal Decompression and Therapy Center.
Dr. Burkhart is an entrepreneur. He has recently become associated with HillDT Solutions, LLC. This newly formed company is a retailer for the Hill DT spinal decompression table, which are the tables used in the Burkhart & Chapp Spinal Decompression and Therapy Center. Due to his success with spinal decompression and the Hill DT table, the Company has asked Dr. Burkhart to share his knowledge and expertise with other health care providers by providing training and certification programs for spinal decompression through HillDT Solutions, LLC.
Dr. Burkhart collaborates with other health care professionals. He was the first chiropractic physician to be approved by the board of Metro Hospital to provide chiropractic care on their site. He has also presented to the neuroscience team of Metro Hospital and other regional medical facilities on the efficacy of the chiropractic alternative to traditional medical treatment.
Dr. Burkhart has also published two articles. He published an article on injury prevention in the Parsac Journal in 1998 and an article focused on results based spinal decompression in The Industry Compendium of Chiropractic Research in June, 2011.
- 1984 – DC degree from Sherman College of Chiropractic
- 1984 – Obtained licensure to practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic in the state of Michigan
- 1984 – Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1986 – Certified in Pierce Results System of analysis and treatment
- 1991 – Certified in Videoflouroscopy from Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 1995 – Certified Injury Prevention Consultant for Backsafe from Future Industrial Technologies
Licensure: State of Michigan 1984
Memberships & Associations:
- Member of Michigan Chiropractic Society/Michigan Association of Chiropractors
- Member of Pierce Results System Practitioners Group
- Member of Board of Regents at Sherman College of Chiropractic
- Member of American Chiropractic Association
- Member of Health Advisory Board for Davenport University