Dr. Timothy J. Burkhart is a partner in Burkhart & Chapp Chiropractic, PLC which is a successful, state of the art practice in Grand Rapids, MI. He has been in practice since 1984 helping patients achieve and maintain optimal health through innovative healthcare solutions. Dr. Burkhart and his partner, Dr. Jim Chapp, seek to provide exceptional, results-based care to each patient through the use of cutting edge technology, adjunct therapies, nutrition, posture rehab, non-surgical axial spinal decompression and collaboration with other health care professionals.
Dr. Burkhart is a visionary. During his career, he has continued to expand the variety of services offered to patients to help them achieve optimal health. In 2008, Dr. Burkhart began offering spinal decompression treatments to patients suffering from neck and low back pain. Due to the success of these treatments, Dr. Burkhart has been able to help many patients who have tried traditional approaches to treatment for their pain but were unsuccessful until they experienced spinal decompression treatment.
Dr. Burkhart is an entrepreneur. In, 2011, he began working with HillDT Solutions, LLC, the retailer for the Hill DT spinal decompression table used at the offices of Burkhart & Chapp Chiropractic, PLC. Due to his success with spinal decompression and the HillDT table, Dr Burkhart has partnered with HillDT Solutions, LLC to share his knowledge and expertise with other health care providers by providing training and certification programs for spinal decompression.
Dr. Burkhart collaborates with other health care professionals. He was the first chiropractic physician to be approved by the board of Metro Hospital to team up with hospital physicians on their site. He has also presented to the neuroscience team of Metro Hospital and other regional medical facilities on the efficacy of the chiropractic alternative to traditional medical treatment.
Dr. Burkhart has also published several articles. He published an article on injury prevention in the Parsac Journal in 1998. He has also published articles focused on results based spinal decompression in The Industry Compendium of Chiropractic Research in June, 2011 and in Chiropractic Economics in August, 2013.
- 1984 – Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Sherman College of Chiropractic, Spartanburg, SC
- 1984 – Obtained licensure to practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic in the state of Michigan
- 1984 – Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- 1986 – Certified in Pierce Results System of analysis and treatment
- 1991 – Certified in Videoflouroscopy from Palmer College of Chiropractic
- 1995 – Certified Injury Prevention Consultant for Backsafe from Future Industrial Technologies
- 2011 – Certified trainer for HillDT Solutions, LLC in non-surgical spinal decompression
- 2013 – Board Certified in Integrative Medicine, BCIM, from the American Association of Integrative Medicine.
- 2014 – Diplomate of the College of Manipulative & Body-Based Practices, DAAIM
Licensure: State of Michigan
Memberships & Associations:
- Member of Michigan Association of Chiropractors
- Member of Pierce Results System Practitioners Group
- Member of Board of Regents at Sherman College of Chiropractic
- Member of American Chiropractic Association
- Member of Health Advisory Board for Davenport University
- Member of American Association of Integrative Medicine